With the concerns of COVID-19 pandemic we understand that there are valid fears and concerns regarding your health and safety. The well-being of our clients and our staff is our number one priority and we want to communicate to you what we are doing to respond appropriately. We’re paying close attention to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the World Health Organization for updates about the Coronavirus. In the meantime, we want you to know the increased measures we are taking to create a safe and healthy environment for you.
PHI Pilates Practices and Precautions:
1. Teachers and staff are regularly wiping down communally used objects such as all doorknobs, railings, faucets, toilet handles, soap and sanitizer dispensers, the waiting area and Pilates equipment.
2. Instructors are washing their hands or using hand sanitizer between each client or class. If your preference is not to have hands on cueing and adjustments by your teacher, please communicate this before your session. We also ask that you wash your hands or use the provided hand sanitizer prior to your session. If you have to sneeze, cough or blow your nose to please wash your hands again or use the hand sanitizer.
3. We are asking that private clients assist their teachers in wiping their equipment after use with the spray and wipes provided by the studio. As always class students should continue to be responsible for their own equipment. We advise that you wipe any parts of the equipment that you have placed your hands or body including handles, boxes, poles, bars, etc..
4. We are increasing the frequency of our cleaning to ensure additional sanitization measures. Antibacterial hand gel dispensers are available on each floor and we suggest its use both before and after your class or session.
5. Should an Instructor not feel well and be concerned they might have the virus or flu, we are asking them to stay home for everyone’s safety. We will do our best to provide a highly qualified teacher as a substitution. In addition, should you not feel well, we also suggest that you take the same precaution and stay home to recover. We will be lenient on our cancellation policy under these circumstances.
6. The CDC recommends preventive measures – such as regular hand-washing, avoiding touching your eyes, nose and mouth and to cover your mouth with a tissue when you have to sneeze or cough, then immediately dispose of the tissue. We have a very large studio so it should be easy to move away from others should you need to cough or sneeze. Also please stay away from anyone you know is currently sick.
7. We will be making an order for personal double loops for use on the Pilates equipment so that clients can each have their own loops. This is one area of the equipment that is difficult to clean and if you choose to, you can purchase these loops to bring with you for use in the studio. Please let us know if you would like us to order a pair for you. They are in bright colors to make them identifiable and help you remember to take them with you.
We value your loyalty, and we thank you for doing your part to keep everyone in our community safe! Keeping your immune system strong is an important way to fight off viruses and exercise has been proven to boost your immune system.
Stay safe and healthy.
The PHI Pilates Studio Team