DISCOVER DEEP TISSUE LASER THERAPY
THE SCIENCE OF LASER THERAPY
Laser therapy is a medical treatment that uses focused light to stimulate a process called photobiomodulation (PBM). During PBM, photons enter the tissue and trigger a biological cascade of events that leads to an increase in cellular metabolism, which can decrease pain and inflammation and accelerate the healing process.
REASONS YOU’LL LOVE LASER THERAPY
When you are suffering from a painful injury or condition, deep tissue laser therapy can provide powerful pain relief, promote tissue repair, and reduce swelling– even when other therapies have failed.
Deep tissue laser therapy treatments are very fast – typically lasting between 4-7 minutes, and the results are often fast too.
After each treatment, patients can expect notable pain relief, with the effects lasting longer after each treatment.
Deep tissue laser therapy can be used on most patients with minimal contraindications.
Researchers have concluded that laser therapy is effective for reducing pain, increasing range of motion and improving overall quality of life for patients suffering from many common and difficult-to-treat conditions.
LASER THERAPY TREATMENTS
Therapy lasers for acute conditions is particularly effective when it is administered as soon as possible following injury (assuming there is no active hemorrhaging). Bringing pain under control quickly helps the healing process and usually helps promote better outcomes.
With chronic conditions, research has shown that therapy lasers can be used to help combat persistent pain and promote circulation to damaged tissues. It can be a powerful, non-pharmaceutical solution to reduce pain without the side effects of medication.
LightForce Therapy Lasers can be found on the sidelines of many pro, college, and Olympic sports teams across the United States and many parts of Europe and Asia. Laser therapy has been shown to be effective at improving post-activity recovery times and reducing delayed onset muscle soreness (DOMS).
The Graston Technique® is a form of instrument assisted soft tissue mobilization that allows for precise detection and treatment of soft tissue restrictions and dysfunctions, which will increase range of motion and decrease pain and inflammation.
LEARN MORE TODAY
To learn more about PHI Pilate’s physical therapy services, including deep tissue laser therapy, call our studio at 412-531-1807 or contact us using the form on our Contact Page.
What does deep tissue laser therapy feel like?
How long does deep tissue laser therapy take?
What conditions can be treated with the Graston Technique?
- Achilles Tendinitis/osis (ankle pain)
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (wrist pain)
- Cervicothoracic Sprain/Strain (neck pain)
- Lateral Epicondylitis/osis (tennis elbow)
- Lumbosacral Sprain/Strain (back pain)
- Medial Epicondylitis/osis (golfer’s elbow)
- Myofascial Pain Syndromes
- Patellofemoral Disorders (knee pain)
- Plantar Fasciitis/osis (foot pain)
- Post surgeries such as joint replacements, RTC repairs (once post-surgical protocol allows for soft tissue mobilization/manual therapy)
- Rotator Cuff Tendinitis/osis (shoulder pain)
- Scar Tissue/post-surgical scars (once completely closed)
- Patients demonstrating central and/or peripheral sensitization (only used in light stroking/brushing mode to desensitize)
- Shin Splints
- Trigger Finger
- Women’s Health (post-mastectomy and Caesarean scarring)
Graston Technique® can be used to treat any movement system dysfunction that has been determined to have a soft tissue component.