Watch this video and read the text below to help you get set up for your Virtual Session. See you soon on ZOOM!
To schedule a class click on the “studio schedule” button at the top right of your screen and choose your class in Mind Body Online. To schedule a private session, send us an email at email@example.com.
PHI Pilates Studio is so happy that you have decided to try a virtual private or class session. Below are some tips to make your first visit go smoothly. This is a new adventure and having some information up front will help to give you the best experience. Don’t be worried, we will help you through it and it is not as hard as you think.
- Watch for the invite email from your PHI instructor that will give you the link to the ZOOM meeting. For classes the invite will come at least 15-20minutes before the class and for private sessions it could come as soon as you schedule the session.
- In this invite you will find the time and date of the session, a link to download ZOOM to your computer, or the APP to your phone or Ipad, the ID link for the session and a session password. The download does not take long, but you may want to do that before the time of your session. You can search your mobile device for the zoom.us app or you can go to www.zoom.us on your computer to get the download. After you have ZOOM, you can just click on the link in the email and then enter the password to join your session. You do not need the paid version of Zoom to attend a class or session. You can use the free version. Here is a link to an introductory video on ZOOM: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362193-How-Do-I-Join-A-Meeting-
- You can use your smart phone, ipad / tablet, or laptop computer to interact during your session. Try to find a resting spot for your device that will allow a wide view of your workout area. If you have a reformer or even with a mat, the best view is from the side. You can move the camera during the session, so try to plan a few locations where you can prop the device to provide a good view of your body to the instructor. An external microphone is not necessary. We have been doing very well with just the microphones on the devices. You may want to turn up the volume on your device so that you can clearly hear the instructor.
- If you are using your Laptop computer, the speakers may not be loud enough. Laptops have very poor speakers so it might be wise to have your earbuds or an external speaker available if needed.
- When preparing your area for a class or private, it is wise to have some tools nearby. If you have Pilates equipment needed for the specific class, have that available. If you do not, and/or you are taking a mat class, here are some things that would be helpful to have in reach: Use a mat or towel/blanket to pad where you will be lying. Have a few towels to pad and raise areas, a few books or yoga blocks to sit and rest on, a rope/dog leash/belt/sheet to use to lift or assist your legs in stretching.