YUR BACK INSTRUCTOR EDUCATION
INSTRUCTOR LICENSURE COURSE
The “Fitness Without Fear” instructor licensure course provides you with the training needed to offer wellness programs to clients with special needs due to back pain.
Everyone will have back pain at some point in his or her lifetime. When it is one of your clients or yourself, will you know what to do? Be prepared to offer wellness programs to your clients with special needs due to back pain and stand out as an expert in your field.
YUR BACK TRAINING PROGRAM COST
The cost of the Instructor training weekend is $575. The course fee includes the online training manual and forum and the first year of licensure. Licensure begins on the completion of the weekend training, online exam, and signed agreement.
The Virtual YUR BACK courses is being offered temporarily during social distancing and will consist of a 3 hour pre-recorded lecture by Christine Romani-Ruby for you to watch on your own, an e-book manual, discussion forum and a final quiz. There will be two 3 hour lab sessions offered with Christine Romani Ruby on separate days to learn and practice the exercise programs and ask any questions.
Licensure renewal cost is $125 and it includes an online continuing education course to assure that instructors are up to date with current research.
WHAT DOES THE YUR BACK INSTRUCTOR TRAINING INVOLVE?
This workshop will discuss several types of back pain and help to categorize them. We will discuss red flags of when to refer that client on or when to avoid certain activities. Then we will apply Pilates mat and reformer movements for a fitness evaluation and post rehabilitation plan. Leave with a new confidence for when your client says: “I hurt my back” or “Can you teach me a Pilates program that won’t hurt my back?”. At the completion of the course the participants will be required to pass a written exam.
1. Participants will label back pain into 5 general exercise categories.
2. Participants will identify red flags and know when to refer a client on or discontinue/modify an exercise.
3. Participants will list permitted movement for each of the 5 categories and demonstrate 5 exercises for each of the 5 categories on the mat and reformer.
4. Participants will demonstrate the ability to administer a back pain questionnaire and movement screen to qualify a client to a particular category of back pain
LICENSED YUR BACK INSTRUCTOR BENEFITS
- Listing on the YUR Back website as a licensed instructor with a link to your own site
- Access to the exclusive online forum for licensed YUR Back instructors with updated research, teaching tips, video clips and networking
- Business and marketing support
- Use of the registered YUR Back trademark to align yourself with the medically endorsed and recognized brand
- Discounts on the purchase of Balanced Body Pilates equipment
- Discounts on the purchase of TRX suspension straps
- Wholesale pricing on YUR Back DVDs and products for re-sale to your clients.
- Certificate as a licensed YUR Back instructor suitable for wall hanging.
- NPCP continuing education credits.